Everybody wants to be healthy. However, sometimes we have no time or money to pay a visit to a doctor. In this case, it will be a perfect way to try a good and reliable application.
For example, there are great tools to make an ECG of your heart. In this list, we have collected the best applications to monitor your heart condition. Please note that using the app can’t replace going to a doctor or screening your health in the hospital. Using app is more about getting the right information from professionals rather than treatment.
By the way, if you face any problems with your health, make sure you read 9 Best Pill Reminder Apps for Android & iOS.
All of the apps are either completely free or have some basic functions available at no cost. There are great options for iOS, as well as Android users.
CardioVisual: Heart Health
This app is a perfect tool for monitoring the health of your heart, including performing an ECG. By the way, do you know that heart diseases are believed to be the first reason for death in the whole world? The good news is that they are preventable.
CardioVisual is aimed at educating people about their heart health. For sure, it can’t replace diagnostics but it can provide you with correct information, which is also very important.
This application was created with the help of professional doctors from the US. This is why CardioVisual will be useful for patients, as well as doctors.
CardioVisual was awarded many times. Its main achievements were in 2018 and 2019 when it was chosen as the best doctor’s app.
Here are the best features provided by CardioVisual:
- Great video lectures and guides. There are many short videos about various diseases. They use no complicated terms so everybody will easily understand the given information.
- Perfect articles about heart failures. You will know about types of heart attacks and how to help people when they have such problems.
- The app can also tell you how to read the ECG. After you study the materials, you will be able to understand what’s going on with your heart.
- Collect data about diabetes, there are great articles devoted to the topic.
These are the basic features available for free. Should you need more, go premium. In this case, you’ll have the following features:
- Premium videos that aren’t available to others. They are usually a bit longer and more informative.
- Create your playlists and sort the videos as you want.
- Access to other unique content, such as guides and articles about rare diseases.
You can get the application on the App Store or Google Play.
You may also like: 11 Free Apps to Measure Body Temperature (Android & iOS)
Here is a popular and simple app that is being used by more than three million people. The app is trusted by many people all around the world and recommended by specialists.
We can’t say that PulsePoint is about heart diseases and measurements but about educating people about health issues in general. With the help of the service, you will be able to immediately help a person if he or she is in trouble.
Let’s review the best features of PulsePoint:
- It covers many heart diseases and issues, including ECG interpretation. There are many tips you can use to improve your health.
- There are great tips about diets. We strongly recommend that you read it because sticking to the right diet is vital for keeping you healthy.
- The app will ask you to access your location. It’s better to allow it because the service will show you the nearest hospitals where you can get help when you need it.
What is especially cool about the app is that it is a non-profit project, meaning it will always be free for its users.
The app has a pretty high rating because of its powerful functions and simple interface.
Both Android and iOS users can enjoy this useful application at no cost.
Do you need to make an electrocardiogram right now? If yes, this is what you need. This great app for iOS will do it in a few seconds. For sure, the measurements won’t be that precise but it still can give you a good result you can rely on. There is no information about the difference between using this app and going to a doctor in real life so we can’t compare.
How does this application work?
- Once you download ECG, you can use it. No registration is needed.
- Put your finger on the center of the screen and hold it for some time, at least 5 seconds.
- Then wait for the result to be formed. You can download waveforms on your device or send them to your email.
In fact, that’s the only function available in the app. There are no guides or articles on how to understand the ECG you will get. So you will need to ask your doctor to explain the results to you.
If you have any health issues, you might find 9 Best Online Medicine Shopping Apps for Android & iOS very useful.
Unfortunately, ECG is available on the App Store only. What is more, you can use it only if you have Apple Watch. You can get the app for free.
This is not the app to make an electrocardiogram. However, it contains a great number of tips that will help you in reading an ECG.
ECG Master is a great option for all people who are interested in improving their knowledge of heart diseases and what to do to help a person who’s suffering from them.
This is why ECG Master will be a nice app for students in medical schools, teachers, professors at universities, or anyone interested in the topic.
There are two ways to use the app – you can either try practicing your ECG reading skills or solve a cool quiz devoted to heart diseases. In both cases, you will increase your knowledge and boost your skills.
Let’s look at some other functions provided by ECG Master:
- There are 200 questions about heart health with detailed answers. You can get a lot smarter just by reading them. This list is being updated all the time, providing you with new and correct information.
- If you have an ECG, you can use the app to get a relevant interpretation of it. For sure, it’s better to ask your doctor to tell you what’s going on with your health but the app can also give you a lot.
- Check statistics to analyze if your health condition is getting better or worse.
Please note that the app is more about education than treatment. You can’t rely on it in getting a diagnosis.
The app is quite small, you will need 25 MB only to install it on your phone.
ECG Master is free of charge. If you need additional functions, you will pay 3.49$ for each one. There are no subscriptions, you just buy the necessary option once and the access will remain forever.
Get it now on Google Play and start getting new precious information.
This is another nice application to study and read ECGs. You will get a lot of relevant and correct data checked by real doctors. What is especially cool is that this data was read and corrected by professionals. New articles are being updated all the time.
Why Dr ECG is so popular among users? It’s all about its wide range of functions, let’s look at some of them:
- Study the interactive picture that shows you the anatomy of your heart. This is the most basic thing you should know to read the ECG. There are no complicated terms or sentences, everything will be clear even for those who know nothing about the human body.
- Once you learn enough material, feel free to try solving quizzes. This is the best form of measuring your knowledge of the heart and its anatomy.
- Read about case-based stories. This way of getting information can’t replace real practice but it also will increase your skills and knowledge.
- Practice reading ECGs. There are thousands of ECGs ready to be interpreted, meaning you will never lack practice.
This is why we recommend this application for students who go to medical school or university.
Unfortunately, Dr. ECG is available on Google Play only. You can get it now for free and boost your ECG reading skills.
You can also check: 7 Best Doctor Games for Android & iOS